Sunday, April 5, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons....

So I come home Friday afternoon to pick up something before I go pick up my wonderful lil ones for the weekend and my Grandmother tells me to show Bubber the shower upstairs and my bed room because he is going to be staying there while he is here. My jaw drops and I stammer ok. There isn't really much that I can do. My heart is weighed down that me and my children are so easily displaced by a distant cousin of my aunts and uncles like that. I prepare my room for him and run through options in my head. The first thing that I think to do is not bring my kids this weekend and let them stay in the comfort of their own home not knowing what my plans were going to be. I called my uncle to ask if we could stay in his spare room (he has a humungous house) I did not get the answer that I would expect from family, and in the end got that it wasn't a good idea and try to find another place since my aunt wasn't feeling well. So I had stopped at work to talk to my aunt and was telling the situation to her and my boss and Jess (my boss) said "well why don't you guys just come and stay with us in our spare bedroom". At first I was like ...well.. no that would be awkward, to which she replied that that was quite ridiculous seeing that i stay over there playing magic to 2 or 4 in the morning, whats a few more hours. Sooo.. I thought about the options that I had and decided that I was going to take her up on her offer and turn this crappy turn of events into something adventurous. We ended up having an awesome weekend spending the night with them. Friday Trevor and Tessa ended up sleeping over at their grandparents home and so the kids went down semi early. Gerson and I stayed up and watched the leaked version of Wolverine together on his computer. It rocked and we were excited. Saturday night I babysitted for Jess and Gers so they could go out as a couple to a gathering. The kids had a blast together. Tessa and Tori put make up on each other and they all had a pillow fight. We stayed up till 10:30 watching Speed Racer on tv. Everyone was perfect. Jess and Gers were home before 11 ^.^ I told them they were losers for getting home so early when they had a babysitter to take advantage of ^.^ . We had fun conversations and then Gers and I played magic when Jess headed to bed. Besides that, work was wonderfully hectic with an unthought of turn out for our sale we threw together. Saturday ended up being ubber busy and we were not really prepared for it staff wise ^.^ . I had a great weekend. I am thankful I was able to get my fear of being displaced under wrap right away and was able to take advantage of what was offered to me. I was offered by Jess and Gers to stay with them if I need to as well as Lindsay (Jess's sister). I assured them it was just for this weekend until i can get another room upstairs situated for Bubber to sleep in. However, I am very well thinking of taking up Lindsay on her offer. She has a big house all to herself and she is a wonderful person and we get along fantastic. It would be nice living in a place where I would be appreciated. However, I am just toying with the thought right now. Anyways, I am off to get some recuperating rest now. Curious to know what you all think I should do.

1 comment:

thistle said...

so are you still thinking of moving in with your friend? I think it's a good idea. More of a roommate situation than a "living on a family members couch" thing.